Re: catbox and pat 9000 current prices

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 19:59:44 EST

Mickey Johnson wrote:
> Just curious what the going rate is for an atari catbox and or pat 9000.
>
> My collection of arcade games is complete and I would like to accent
> my work area with both of these devices. While I realize it may be
> more realistic to get a fluke and some other testing equipment, I
> would like to have these devices for their nostagic value also. So I
> guess what I want to know is if any of these are available anywhere
> and what is the typical selling price.
>
> thanks for any advice,
> mickey johnson

Cat Boxes are found on eBay from time to time - one sold recently for
just under $400 with BIN :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=26051419449

I have a couple of nice ones, but want a bit more than that.

I also have a prototype Cat Box - it is tagged with a note about going
to AMOA - not quite the same appearance as the production run, and the
box is slightly different colour.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com