Re: identical G05-802 problem with 2 different deflection PCBs

From: Colin O'Brien <colin_at_onepointzero.com>
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 18:53:41 EST

So, I finally got through the whole cab checking for shorts and didn't
find anything suspicious as far as I could see.

This is where it gets interesting, after plugging everything back in,
I no longer have the spot killer on and I get a picture on the screen.
So, I'm guessing I "fixed" a bad connection this way. Which also means
it might re-appear.

However, if I leave it on for a minute or so, the brightness starts
varying/pulsing and the center beam dot appears along with the
increase, this gradually and randomly increases until I get retrace
lines which finally stay on. The contrast and brightness pots have
less and less effect until it reaches full strength and they have no
effect at all. This happens with the 2 different deflection PCBs and
the spot killer never turns on.

I measured voltage at Z on P100 over a few minutes but saw no gradual
increase.

Any idea on my new problem? :)

Thanks again,
Colin