Re: burning proms

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 13:14:53 EST

Kevin,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Kevin Moore <talon.k@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been suggested that you can use 93446 proms in place of the 74s287
> and 74s288,

Again, do you have a link or thread?

Was that a TI or Nat'l 74S287? ;-)

A 74S287 could be replaced by a 93446 in the manner you described, in some
applications. Fortunately, that would include most vector applications
(excluding Sega Spaceship).

A 74S288 is a completely different organization (i.e. x8), and does not have
the pins you described below. If you wanted to use a Fairchild part in place
of a '288, you'd need a 93448, which is in a 24 pin package, so you'd have
to "force it to fit and paint it to match", but it would work.

-Mark