TOEI 20" vector monitor

From: Chris Hardy <chris_at_hardys.plus.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 02:13:41 EDT

Ok, long shot here.

I'm finally fixing my Alca Planets cab the night before taking it to an
arcade meet and I'm trying to work out what the b+ voltage should be.

It's a 20" Toei XY monitor with the 'block' amplifiers. My pcb doesn't
exactly match the available schems, or the schems that came with the
machine. Both seem to be for the 14" cocktail version.

The schems online shows a handwritten 200v for the voltage going to the
neckboard. My two boards which I'm trying to repair show 33v and 63v which
seems very low.

One chassis that was working blew a small transistor in the SMPS area and
replacing that gives me a picture but I have to turn up the brightness and
the Z signal doesn't affect the vectors. (it does something as adjusting the
Z amp on the monitor changes the brightness).

The picture takes a long time to show as well, which I would guess is a
symptom of a low heater voltage on both boards.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I guess there aren't many people with these monitors in their machines.

Thanks
Chris