Re: TOEI 20" vector monitor

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 12:23:15 EDT

Chris Hardy wrote:
> Ok, long shot here.
>
> I'm finally fixing my Alca Planets cab the night before taking it to an
> arcade meet and I'm trying to work out what the b+ voltage should be.
>
> It's a 20" Toei XY monitor with the 'block' amplifiers. My pcb doesn't
> exactly match the available schems, or the schems that came with the
> machine. Both seem to be for the 14" cocktail version.
>
> The schems online shows a handwritten 200v for the voltage going to the
> neckboard. My two boards which I'm trying to repair show 33v and 63v which
> seems very low.
>
> One chassis that was working blew a small transistor in the SMPS area and
> replacing that gives me a picture but I have to turn up the brightness and
> the Z signal doesn't affect the vectors. (it does something as adjusting the
> Z amp on the monitor changes the brightness).
>
> The picture takes a long time to show as well, which I would guess is a
> symptom of a low heater voltage on both boards.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> I guess there aren't many people with these monitors in their machines.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

These monitors were also used on HOEI XY games.

The Z-Amp is the brightness (logic controlled), so it is not surprising
that adjusting it changes the screen brightness. Perhaps there is a
problem there.

I went through my files but unless you can find someone with an Upright
HOEI Meteor (19") then that schematic is not going to be easy to
find...the Meteor manual I have only shows the 13" schematics for your
monitor.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com