Re: Cinematronics Tailgunner Start Light

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 16:32:27 EDT

If I take out the 2N3904 NPN transistor and put in a 2N3906 PNP
transistor - the start light works as I would expect (off when there's
no 'Press Start' message). The manual specifies a typical *red* (mv50)
led by the way. Just to give it that extra cheezy space control panel
effect.

I guess the guys over at vectorbeam wanted that light to be on solid the
whole time. I wonder if Cinematronics was the deciding factor for not
including the light when they acquired Tailgunner just to save a coupla
bucks?

Oh well, looks like I'll make a compromise and put in the pnp transistor
instead.

Matt