Re: Cinematronics Tailgunner Start Light

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 04:47:15 EDT

Try wiring your LED the other way round, that'll give you the inverse lit
sequence.

Cool hack tho, i love adding the bits that the designers intended, but the
manufacturing side didn't because of cost-cuttinng/time saving.

They probably designed it this way because all atari TTL games of the 70's
did this to indicate credits (as there was no on-screen credit
annunciation). If you don't want to confuse your players, make your machine
act like all the others around you...

I know TG has on-screen credit display, but maybe they coded that in after
the pcb design was done? or maybe they just wanted to do both in order to
blend in with the times... after all, asteroids also does both...

Andrew Welburn
www.andys-arcade.com