RE: OT?: Ground Kontrol in American Way magazine

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 17:56:47 EDT

> This month's issue of AmericanWay magazine has a brief
> description of Ground Kontrol in it's highlight of Portland
> with a small photo as well. I looked very hard but couldn't
> make out any vector games in the photo. Just an NBA Jam, Pac
> Man and a Gauntlet Legends I think.

We've been getting a lot of press the last month or so!

The article is online here: http://tinyurl.com/29wkxhx

I can't quite tell if you can see it in the print picture-- but on the back
wall (under our DigDug stained glass window) there's our Star Wars and
Tempest and Asteroids off to the left. (We've pulled BattleZone until I can
get some more rugged handles reproduced. I finally found my set of NOS
"Rev. F" handles for that purpose. :-) We retired Space Duel, Star Castle
and Star Trek over the years just due to low income and lack of space.

While I'm thinking of it-- we're also one of the three arcades in the Stride
Gum "Save the Arcades 2" promotion. If any of you want to check it out and
play a few games of "Cowbots 2010", please donate your points to Ground
Kontrol. I think we're the only arcade in the contest that's operating
vector games. ;-)

http://savethearcades.stridegum.com/

-Clay