Re: Tempest K6100 - intermittent HV problem

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 23:06:34 EDT

Wow, I didn't know that.  Yes I did adjust it.  Well, I don't have a HV probe but I adjusted the B+ to be 180 volts.  And interestingly, if I monitor the voltage it slowly climbs...very slowly.  But if I leave it on for a long time it will climb to around 184 volts and stay there.  But it still plays fine when that happens.

The times when it doesn't work, the voltage just comes on way low and stays there (24 volts or something like that).  So it doesn't really sound like over-voltage protection to me. But that's an interesting fact to tuck away for future reference!