Re: Star Castle Signature analysis

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 17:38:53 EDT
Are you using the Cinematronics Exerciser or the Kurz Kasch version?
If the Exerciser is plugged in, then you will definitely get the Red LED.  In normal operating mode, the LED should turn off.
I get the most stable signatures if I don't use the Exerciser to power the board.  I prefer using an external switching power supply with no other power source.  At least for the Kurz Kasch version.

Make sure the IC clips are making good contact with the IC pins and make sure there's no flakey wires between the Exerciser and the the clips.

Matt