Re: Tempest Coin mech coil levers

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Thu May 20 2010 - 13:06:59 EDT

Scenarios :

1) Lockout coil sticks sometimes... (its mechanical after all) and doesn't move into position when the machine is switched on resulting in no coins being accepted, loss of earnings for operator. Operator removed coils.

2) Lockout Coil burns out, doesn't actuate when instructed, resulting in same scenario as 1)

3) Game pcb lockout coil output dies, never actuating the coil, resulting in same scenario as 1)

4) Lockout coil shorts, causing fuses to blow, and game not to work, resulting in same scenario as 1)

5) If you remove the coils/levers, and the machine is on a site where the machine gets switched off, but people still put their money into it (people can be stupid like this) the machine will still take the money, chances are those people never seek a refund for whatever reason. Result = free money for operator.

So, there are 5 reasons why you would remove the levers or the coils. :)

I have seen all combinations of lockout coil shenanigans on games...

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com