Re: Asteroids display problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 11:30:42 EDT

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> Just got this screenshot from the Asteroids down at Ground Kontrol and I
> must confess that I've not seen anything quite like it before.  We haven't
> tried any troubleshooting yet, but I figure I'd post here in case it looked
> familiar to anyone... I'm open to suggestions for where to look first. :-)
>
> http://www.embeddedengineeringllc.com/arcade/IMG_0555.JPG

I don't have an answer, but maybe some usefull questions. Is it drawing on
the side of the monitor ? Since we see what looks like the right part
(border) of the crosshatch patern on the left, I'm wondering if the gun is
over-drawing to the left.

The retrace lines inside the crosshatch patern seem to have curves, they
almost look like they were drawn by an AVG instead of a DVG. In fact, if you
look at the left most '0', it isn't fully drawn, and you can see the retrace
line pick up where the number breaks off. It's almost as if something
analog is going on as the digit starts drawing, then it starts working and
behaves normally. (This assumes off course it draws left to right :-)

I would also be curious as to what happens in regular play mode.