Re: Asteroids display problem

From: Byte Surfer <bsurfer_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 12:35:46 EDT

On 07/giu/10, at 05:32, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
Hi,

> Just got this screenshot from the Asteroids down at Ground Kontrol
> and I must confess that I've not seen anything quite like it
> before. We haven't tried any troubleshooting yet, but I figure I'd
> post here in case it looked familiar to anyone... I'm open to
> suggestions for where to look first. :-)

Seems that the board is in (half-working) test mode... the crosshatch
pattern infact, should cover the whole screen
but here I see the pattern translated and incomplete, or better
overlapped.
If you intentionally switched on 'test mode', check ICs driven by
^LDSTROBE line (X and Y position counters) on
schematics, otherwise check pin12 of L10 (LS251) and tied ICs.

> http://www.embeddedengineeringllc.com/arcade/IMG_0555.JPG
>
> Thanks,
> -Clay
>
> P.S. ...and an extra thanks to those of you that have been playing
> for us in the Save The Arcades 2 contest-- we're holding on to 1st
> place still! :-)

sorry for my english
BS

---
"Ci sono due cose che per farle esigono buona salute: l'amore e la
rivoluzione."
Gesualdo Bufalino