Re: 13" Amplifone problems solved

From: Pat Danis <patdanis_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 23:11:22 EDT
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kevin for his dedicated work in solving the quandary.  I have to admit I am the guilty one that supplied Kevin with the incorrectly configured Pat monitor.  I would also like to point out something he forgot to mention; I didn't hack it.  He received it the same way I did.  I am very grateful to have someone as knowledgeable as Kevin to be able to handle the many curve balls I've thrown at him lately.

I seem to be a hack magnet for arcade items.  However, I like to look at it as job security and o.j.t. for Kevin.  Pretty soon he'll be able to quote parts of the Amplifone manual from memory.  I only wish I had the time he does to work on my many projects.

For those of you that would like more photos of the Pat 9000 amp monitor, I am providing a link to my photos of a second monitor.  You will note that this particular board set has not been cleaned or hacked and actually fired up on first try.  I can honestly say that I have finally seen a dedicated working red flyback.  (Although this one is different from the standard HV units on the regular amplifones)

These photos will only last on my site as long as I have room for them.  If you would like to copy and use them by all means do so.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pat.danis/Pat9000Amplifone?feat=directlink

Thanks again Kevin.

Pat