Re: ataricade.com

From: Darren Finck <dgfinck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 13:54:31 EDT

John et. al.,

I'm ~80% done putting together an archive of everything I can collect from various sources (google cache, archive.org, my browser cache, elsewhere on the 'net, etc.).  I'll check my home PCs' caches this evening, put everthing together in a nice zip, and send it to anyone and everyone who would like to host it.  I've got the majority of the HTML, but only a small minority of the images.  If anyone has some images from ataricade.com, please forward to me.

I'm having to edit the HTML a little to make some URL references relative (rather than absolute to the ataricade.com domain).  Also, I did not snag the index.htm file last week, and it does not appear to be in the google cache any longer.  If anyone has it, please forward to me.  In the mean time, I've simply created a temporary index.htm to provide links to each of the major sub-pages.  Finally, I have not attempted to contact Francis to see if there is any explaination for the sites absence (hacked? hosting too expensive? web host in financial trouble? personal issues?  loss of interest?).  Perhaps whomever considers hosting the backup/mirror should try making contact.

Darren