Re: ataricade.com

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 12:48:58 EDT

Darren Finck wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> You are correct, they must have been in my cache. I fired up another
> browser and don't see them. Interestingly, the few images that are
> there appear to be getting served up by ataricade.com, for instance:
>
> http://www.ataricade.com/the720skater.jpg
>
> Also interesting is that the pdf files are in the google cache, in
> html-conversions:
>
> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http%3A//www.ataricade.com/CINE_FAQ_V096.pdf
>
> Hopefully it is just a temporary hosting/configuration problem and
> things will be ironed out soon. ataricade was a useful resource to me.
>
> Darren

You can rebuild the site for as much as you have images in the cache -
simply drag the cached pictures to a folder and archive the HTML code
using "View - Page Source (Firefox)" or "File - Save Page As (FireFox)",
name the images folder to what the original HTML code was looking for
"Images" or "img" and see if you can open the page from the hard drive
using a second browser.

I can host this on Flippers if Francis agrees, and doesn't have his own
backup. Flippers has been up continuously since 1996....Or Vectorlist
can do this...we need to archive/mirror more of these sites.

John :-#)#