Re: Anyone have a neckboard or a connector for a 19VLUP22?

From: matt <galaga_at_slingshot.co.nz>
Date: Fri Jul 09 2010 - 17:04:11 EDT

its ment to do that. thats the defocus thing.
see http://www.jmargolin.com/vgens/vgens.htm#Star

In order to have the Death Star explode the way we wanted it to, it wasn't
enough to draw lots of concentric circles. We wanted to defocus the beam to
fill it in. We briefly considered adding a vacuum tube to the monitor to
control the Focus Voltage. Fortunately, the lead time for the part was too
long. So what I did was to give the Vector Generator the ability to
overdrive the monitor's color inputs. Overdriving the inputs causes the CRT
to draw more current than it normally uses and drags down the High Voltage.,
which changes the normal ratio of Focus Grid voltage to Anode voltage, which
defocuses the beam. This relationship is explained in The Secret Life of XY
Monitors.