Re: cine sound boards

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 09:10:57 EDT

For AA sound, the rev.A or B doesn't matter in terms of sounds produced and
the hookup and control is the same. No, there's no sound rom on the ccpu
board and all sound is generated by hardware on the sound board.

Rip Off having no sounds at all points to:

-open circuit in speaker or wiring to speaker such as molex connectors or
volume pot.
-bad transistor Q6, Q7 in the final output stage (is one of the very hot?)
-bad opamp TL081 at IC14, IC15.
-bad ribbon cable between the ccpu and sound boards.
-missing signal coming from the 74LS259 chip at F2 on the ccpu board.

William Boucher