cine sound boards

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 15:30:15 EDT

I got in a Rip-Off pcb a little while back. I put it in my Armor Attack and for the first time in almost 30 years played a game. Anyways, the sound is not working. I checked the +/- 12v and that works, all diodes and transistors test ok. Replaced all elec caps.. still no go.
Now I have 2 AA boardsets, and the sound boards for those are Rev A, and one Rev B... both look different orientation of parts, but similar... the Rip Off doesn't seem to be quite the same as either.
So I am wondering on going about troubleshooting the sound board. There is no way I can put in an AA sound board and at least hear something that would tell me that the main pcb is communicating with the sound board could I? Is there a sound Rom on the main pcb or is everything generated on the sound card?
I don't have a scope to check anything, so wondering if there is much I can do with a DMM and logic probe or is shotgunning the only way to go?