Re: 6100 yoke question

From: Rich Harkoff <rharkoff1_at_new.rr.com>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 08:26:45 EDT

No I haven't tried new rings, I'll try and borrow a set from Chad when I return the yoke today. As I mentioned I can't get the middle of the tube right, the grid pattern generated by the boardset has 15 squares horizontal and 11 vertical, using some tape and paper I blocked off all but the center 9 squares and started from there to align the red/blue, can't get them perfectly set, the top middle and bottom middle square of the nine will not fall into alignment with the others. I have tweaked the yoke placement, ring placement dozens of times and have yet to get those 9 squares perfect. From what I have read on the web, KLOV and such one should have no problem aligning the middle. I'm wondering now if maybe the mask has warped or as one vector member mentioned one of the guns could be slightly out of alignment if that is possible. The game originally sat in a warehouse for a number of years and sustained some minor water damage on the top which leaked over the tube and boardset area, the game was covered in thick crud in the water leaked area, there was no HV board so the anode hole wasn't covered by the suction cup, maybe some water and stuff got in there and now that the game is in use some problems are starting to crop up. Yoke was loose and detached from wedges, no convergence strips, rings loose and on backwards (set screw towards yoke). The HV and deflection boards have been rebuilt by reputable members of KLOV and the vector list. I've followed the purity/convergence instructions in the 6100 and Amp manual. Maybe I'll take a break for a few days and have at it again, besides my back is killing me from bending sideways while looking at the tube while moving the rings (LOL).
Thanks,
Rich