Re: Sega G-80 PSU - Audio Amp

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 01:46:15 EST

I’ve simulated the audio amp circuit using spice at ~37Watts with 15.7db of gain.
However, my Star Trek Captains chair is without the speakers.
Can someone answer the following:
1) What is the impedance of the speakers?
2) I understand the captains chair has two speakers – one on each side of the head of the gamer.
2a) Are they connected in parallel or series?
2b) How does this differ in the convert-a-cab or dedicated uprights?
3) Do any Sega G80 games use the second “future use” amp? IE for stereo?
Does anyone have a part number or replacement speaker vendor which I can obtain for my captain’s chair?
John