Re: Re: Unusual WG6100 Deflection Board Problem

From: Cinelabs Info <cinelabs.info_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2011 - 14:32:00 EDT

If you know the tube is good, and, you know the neck board is good, then why
did you ask about troubleshooting the "downstream end of the heater
circuit"? I'm not sure I follow your logic.

So, given:

A) Tube is good
B) Neck board, including CRT socket and CRT is good
C) Voltage on D108 is good

and you're complaining of:
D) Originally, no picture ("no Z signal")
E) Now, no heater

I go back to my original suggestion from several days ago; have you double
checked that the individual wires (black, brown and wht) and on the
_correct_ terminals on the def pcb?

Are there cracked solder joints around said terminals (on def pcb)?

---
To verify the neck board, socket and CRT heater, remove the black and brown
wires from the def pcb, and measure the resistance between them. Report what
you find.
-Mark