Re: Re: Unusual WG6100 Deflection Board Problem

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 01:40:36 EDT

Thanks Mark and Jess.  INDEED I found a cold solder joint on the header on the deflection board where the black wire from the neckboard plugs in.  I also noticed that the headers were quite corroded.  Cleaned up the solder and the corrosion and the board worked...for about five minutes!

Not sure what's the issue now. Just went completely dead, no deflection or spot killer.  No fuses blown.  I'll look at it again in the morning.  Once again, thanks to all for helping out.  -Malcolm