Re: Tempest High Score Save Troubles

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 11:53:02 EDT

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Jess Askey <jess@askey.org> wrote:

> I would try another EAROM if you have one just to eliminate that as the
> problem

In the interest of doing things the "easy" way, I agree with Jess, try a
NEW, or at the very least TESTED, part.

I wouldn't bother doing much else until you've verified the actual EAROM is
good.

Also, if you have another working boardset, or know a sucker, er, rather,
friend with a working board set, test your aux board on the known working
main board, and see if the problem follows the main board or the aux board.
Also test interconnect harness. At least you'll know which board to focus
on.

You can also test both of your EAROMs in the working board.

If you can't do either of these, you have to trouble-shoot
it methodically with the appropriate test equipment.

-Mark