Re: War of the Worlds - color

From: david grohowski <electronicamuse_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2011 - 23:10:25 EDT

great info, thanks.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera@ameritech.net>
To: vectorlist <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Sent: Mon, Mar 28, 2011 6:59 pm
Subject: RE: VECTOR: War of the Worlds - color

I just sold my WOTW last summer. As far as I know, all WOTW ROMs say color. Before I sold it, a buddy and I did some hacking to check it out in color. Without the Boxing Bugs color converter board, it will work with a regular Cine monitor. With the converter board (and some hacking to get the connections and voltages) you can have color:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=128010&highlight=unusual

The ROM board is nothing special or out of the ordinary from other Cine boards. But see if they guy might have the color converter board. That’s the key you’ll need (or split up a Boxing Bugs boardset to get it).

Joe