Re: G08 width and centering problem

From: <akswanson_at_ntelos.net>
Date: Sun May 01 2011 - 12:13:47 EDT

Make sure the .13 ohm resistors are correct. If they are >.13 ohm, they
will trigger the output limiting circuit.  Also check the biasing of
all the dirve transistors.  you might have a bad diode there.

> I had the same exact problem (potentially), and never could
figure out a
> solution. The linked photos in my post below are
nowhere to be found
> either, but I suspect you know what it
looks like. I finally gave up on
> that deflection board if I
recall.

http://www.vectorlist.org/Vectorlist/2003/06/0070.html

4/29/2011 3:38 PM, kstillinger@sc.rr.com wrote:
>> Hey-
>>
>> I've been looking at a G08 here for a few weeks
now on and off.
>> Everything else finally fine, the width is
not sufficient to fill
>> the screen and the centering is off.

>> I've tried a bunch of different stuff and replaced parts
for other
>> issues along the way.
>> The 'left'
side of the image won't reach all the way over. Messing

with the horizontal width and centering pots can only get it about
>> halfway from center to the side. The problem persists with
different
>> input protection boards and output transistor
assemblies. I replaced
>> Q704 MPSU60 with a recommended
equivalent (MPSW92) and first thought
>> the problem was due
to a mismatch with the old Q703 (MPSU10) so I
>> subbed the
recommended MPSW42. No change.
>> Both X and Y signals look
nicely centered around 0V, so that's not
>> where the offset
is coming from. Twisting the Horz centering pot to
>> each
side seems to affect the right side more than the left. I can
>> actually get the right side shifted off to where it is clipped.
Even
>> the Hwidth pot seems to affect the right much more
than the left.

>> I thought the horizontal side
R735 3 ohm 20W measured too low around
>> .8 ohms and I
thought- that could do it. Shoot no.

figure I might try to swap the X and Y paddle boards and see if the
>> problem follows the board.
>> This is really
bugging me. I can't see where the problem is being

introduced.

http://www.vectorlist.org
> ** Please direct other questions,
comments, or problems to