Re: G08 width and centering problem

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 03:51:29 EDT

On 5/3/2011 7:20 PM, Mark Jenison wrote:
> Rodger,
>
> I found an old post from Tom McClintock saying something about he'd be
> selling a few of these "given enough free time". Don't know if that
> means he had some NOS ones for sale or was working on a replacement.
>
> Found an old post from Zonn mentioning "but if anyone is interested in
> the above circuit, let me know."
>
> Then I found an old conversation with Scott Caldwel about reproducing
> this custom chip, hinting it was in the works (from like 2003).
>
> Then I found a bunch of posts where I was begging someone to reproduce
> these. You can consider this an addition to those posts.

I'd redesign the whole driver board before reverse engineering that thing.

To design the G08, someone sat down and said: "How can I turn a raster
monitor into a vector monitor, while doing the least amount of work?".

I'm pretty sure the above quote of mine was in reference to the
pincushion correction circuit I used in the ZVG, which is also being
done in the G08 specialty chip. The offer still applies. I came up with
a pretty nice replacement design for the MC1495 used by Atari for
pincushion correction, that would also need to be done by any Sega
replacement part.

-Zonn