Errors in G05-802/5 manuals

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Mon May 23 2011 - 12:50:30 EDT

hi all.

 I thought i'd post my results as i've wasted a few hours on this today
building my rig and i'm surprised there isn't any note of this anywhere.

Electrohome G05-802/805 Manual [54-7291-01] Issue 1 AND issue 2 - April and
Setember 1980 respectively.

These errors apply to both manuals:

Error 1 - Page 10, deflection PCB schematic, the pinout of the main
connector is wrong for pins 9 and 11, they are transposed. Find the 9 in the
little circle on the far left of the diagram (GND) and scribble it out, put
a 11 above it. On the right hand side of the diagram, find the 11 in the
little circle marked [6.3v HTR IN] scribble it out and put a 9 above it

Error 2 - Page 14 - the HV diode D904 is marked with a plus sign toward the
anode end of the HV anode lead. This is wrong/confusing, the schematic is
correct, the cathode of the big in-line diode (-) should be toward the anode
end of the lead, mark accordingly.

enjoy

--
Andrew Welburn