Re: Dead G08 ~ looking for repair

From: William Boucher <wboucher6_at_cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 19:59:52 EDT

You should let everyone know roughly where you are located so they'll know if shipping is required or if you are local to them.

If you have repair experience and would like to shotgun your monitor, and if it is a GO8-003 version, you could try my parts list here:
http://www.biltronix.com/Star_Trek_08.html
These components are what I used to rebuild my own monitor last year.

It is always possible that someone who attempts to rebuild the monitor could invest significant time and money only to find out later that something critical is wrong such as a CRT internal short, bad custom chip, or bad HVT. It's the risk you take and there are no guarantees (well, maybe for some experts there is).

Sorry I cannot offer to do your rebuild for you, I just don't have the time these days.

William Boucher
http://www.biltronix.com