Input Protection Circuit for early WG 6100

From: Ken Sumrall <k_lists_at_scrapheap.net>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 14:14:18 EDT

Hello,

Well, I'm back on an arcade restoration kick. These seem to happen every
few years... :-)

A friend and I recently bought a Tempest and Space Duel for $100. They were
stored in the back of a garage for 15+ years, and are filthy (mice lived in the
Space Duel at one point, yuck) but appear to be complete. Nothing a major
cleaning, monitor rebuild, power supply checkout and some futzing with the
game board can't fix. :-) So far we've spent 3.5 hours cleaning Tempest, and
it now looks really good. Now we're onto fixing the monitors.

The WG 6100 in the Tempest has the 2nd rev boards with the built-in input
protection circuitry. However, the WG6100 in the Space Duel has the early
rev P314 board, and does not have the input protection circuit riser card
installed.

Looking through the archives, I see Steven Gregory from arcadeshop.com
posted on Oct 15, 2009 and said he had 6 bare boards he was given and was
offering to members of the list. If Gregory or anyone else still has one,
I'd appreciate it if you'd sell me one. A bare board is best, as I intend
to duplicate it using Eagle Cad, and make the gerber files available to
the community for free so more could easily be made.

BTW, many thanks to all the people who contributed to the WG 6100 FAQ. It's
amazingly full of really good info, and I intend to make all the upgrades to
my 6100 that it suggests, including putting in an LV2000.

Many thanks in advance!

___
Ken