Re: K6100 T901

From: Ken Sumrall <k_lists_at_scrapheap.net>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 16:48:34 EDT

akswanson sent me pieces of the wire from the primary and secondary coils of
T901. Using some very fine sandpaper, I sanded off the insulation, and measured
the wire diameter with some nice Mitutoyo calipers.

The primary wire measured .0065 inch, which according to wikipedia:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge

is AWG 34.

The secondary wire measured at .025 inch, which is AWG 22.

So, putting it all together, the specs for T901 are:

   Primary coil: 625 turns of AWG 34 wire
   Secondary coil: 23 turns of AWG 22 wire

Anyone want to try and wind their own? akswanson has an empty bobbin and
core. :-)

___
Ken