Re: Adjusting K6100 (tempest) HV / b+

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 21:23:41 EDT

The pass transistor is the power trani regulating the supply to the fbt.

Most of that is easier to troubleshoot in-circuit, so you can measure the
actual voltages, rather than pulling out something like a zener trying to
figure out if it's avalanching at the right voltage.

Make sure the reference voltage is correct on the zener. Going by
appearances makes the process a lot longer than it need be.

Be advised that many incorrect / can't adjust, symptoms on the HV cage are
caused by installation of improper parts / values during previous repairs.

-M