Re: Still trying to solve this K6100 HV

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Oct 15 2011 - 11:21:14 EDT

Have you replaced the 555 timer ic?

--- On Fri, 10/14/11, David Shoemaker <davids@oz.net> wrote:

From: David Shoemaker <davids@oz.net>
Subject: VECTOR: Still trying to solve this K6100 HV
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Friday, October 14, 2011, 11:24 PM

I am still digging into this HV unit which is giving me some troubles.  Here is what I have observed.  The collector of q901 is way off of spec and I don’t understand the circuit well enough to understand what is causing it.  And the base / emitter of Q900 are about double what they should be.  I have checked the values of all the resistors and they are fine. I have replaced q900 with a bu406d (verified good in another HV unit).I have replaced q901 & q902.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  I have attached a copy of the schematic with my noted values in red.