Re: Vcc buss rails being pulled down.

From: Chris Leyson <cleyson_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 17:42:35 EDT

A quick way of finding a short is to use a bench supply set to constant current mode. Set the current to around 1/2 Amp or 1Amp then use a millivoltmeter to trace along the supply rails until you find the short. Check across Vcc and gnd pins of each IC to find to find the dead chip. Also, Tantalum bead caps are also good candidates for shorts.

Chris