Wico XY Pattern Generator - Decoding Switches

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 07 2011 - 01:53:31 EST

I’m looking at the schematics for the Wico XY Pattern Generator; and can seem to figure out how the Front panel PCB connects to the Main Board.

At A-8 on the main schematics page; it shows P3-1-8 as connected to the D Flip Flops and the A10 of the U7/U8 pattern generating roms.

However, P3 doesn’t seem to connect correctly to the “cable” connected to the front panel board at B-8 on the second page.

It appears that the diode matrix appears to drive set/clear to Dflip flop U6-A which controls A9 on the ROMs.
But I’m unsure of the encoding given I can figure out how “P3” connects to the Front panel board.

Anyone have an idea?
John