Re: Asteroids troubleshooting

From: Douglas Gauck <douglas_at_gauck.com>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 01:03:38 EST

I was looking for validation of the method of piggybacking a chip to troubleshoot.

Piggybacking a different chip onto J5 didn't work because of bad luck - the new chip was bad.

I picked K3 to pull first, and the output of J5 started pulsing. But a new LS157 at K3 brought it back to 0. Seems the output of the LS193 at J5 would work going into one chip but not both K3 and J4.

Original LS157 at K3 and new LS193 at J5 brought ADMA11 back to life.

Didn't fix the image - that turned out to be a bad LS191 at F9, found by comparing pin for pin with C9. The test diamonds weren't missing, they were being drawn over top identical neighbors above or below.

-Douglas