G08 - no X deflection

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 13:19:28 EDT

While converging my G08; I stupidly resocketted the video connector on the monitor with power applied and lost X deflection. :forehead to palm:
After some debug; I think the X pin shorted to the chassis temporarily.

Some quick debug seems to indicate the X signal is present if I disconnect the clamping board from the main board... IE X shows up at pin1 of the output of the clamping board.
As soon as I connect the clamping board to the main board; the signal disappears indicating there is a shorting path to ground.

I’m looking at the crappy schematics (hard to read due to small nature); and it appears that the X deflection enters IC600 13,14,15 and there are no diodes / transistors in the X path prior to IC600.

I woulda thunk that the 2k2 resistors (R700) would have protected IC600...

Any thoughts?

Am I screwed and IC600 is fried? I assume no replacements for IC600 are available?
John