Steps for my first B&W vector discharge

From: Altan (GAPAS) <pinball_at_aaarfamily.com>
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 08:58:27 EDT

I need to clean the HV diode in my 19V2000 B&W monitor for an Asteroids Deluxe. I'm going to attempt my first monitor discharge… I'd appreciate a second set of eyes on these steps.

1) Get flathead screwdriver with plastic handle
2) Get alligator clips
3) Get 1M ohm resistor (3 Watt)
4) Clip to metal part of driver, put resistor inline, clip to monitor chassis
5) Put one hand in pocket
6) Slide screwdriver blade under suction cup, move it toward center and touch anode clips
7) Leave it there for a few seconds. Sadly, with the resistor, it appears you don't get any feedback showing you did it
8) Wait 5 minutes, repeat once more

That's it. Sounds right?

It looks like you just need to take it on faith that you discharged it… Any hints to check? I don't want to find out I didn't discharge it when I remove the HV diode.

Thanks!

… Altan