Re: ZVG firmware / the future of ZVG

From: Jeremy Abel <jeremyabel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2012 - 14:30:05 EDT

How is it done on the original arcade boards? And what kind of latency are
we talking here? How much latency does the original ZVG have?

As for the OS, I imagine the hardware being platform independent, people
would just need to write platform dependent software to work with it. I
feel like we shouldn't rule out any OS. I've developed many a MIDI
controller that uses MIDI over USB, and I can't detect any latency from
that, even when I move 5 faders at once, which is a whole lot of data being
crammed through the pipe.