RE: Introduction & Question

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 12:46:29 EDT

Well as for the ROTJ vector, I personally did not put my hand on it, so I
cannot verify one way or the other.

>From what I recall talking with Dave from ram-controls. It appeared the
code was finished, however sounds were not. I worked with him on getting
some needed files, and information on the TI speech chips, specifically on
how to record speech and program for the chips.

It was also my understanding that the original hardware was not used in the
design, and new hardware was needed.

His plan was to recreate the cockpit model with the hardware needed to run
all three, but as many of you know nothing ever became of the cockpit
project.

Dave had either acquired or knew where the original hardware was to record
sound samples for the TI chips, as it was a special device that TI kept
tight wraps on since they were programming all the Speak and Spells at the
time along with anything else that used the speech chip. IIRC TI charges
$1000 per word to record samples.

So if anyone knows how to contact Dave from ram controls that would most
likely be your best bet to find the ROTJ information.

Kevin