Re: Messed up my Black Widow

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel_at_helitronix.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2012 - 19:11:38 EDT

You could have an integrated circuit that has failed, causing the short.
I've had failures with the TL082's (for example) that took the whole board
down due to an internal short. These are very tricky to find. I don't know
how to effectively troubleshoot that without removing parts one at a time
(or at least lifting the Vcc leg).

As others haves mentioned, you could have caps that shorted too. Really
almost any part may have failed and you will need to check them
methodically.

Joel

Sent from my iPhone