Re: K6100 Focus

From: Chuck <chuck_at_localsurfer.com>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 18:37:22 EDT

Well I guess I should update this thread since so many of you have helped out. I desoldered the socket from the neck board and found that the wire that was soldered to the tab went into the socket and did not have good continuity to the flexible contact that touches the pin on the tube. Upon my attempt to solder the wire straight through to the contact, I seemed to have dripped solder into the socket where the contact would seat, causing it to not have enough room for the contact to go in far enough to close the socket and reinstall it. Removing the solder from the hole where the contact seats ended up causing damage to the socket. On top of that, the flexible metal contact snapped in two and is now useless. I have been hunting for a socket for the neck board, but have not found one yet. I did get a list of tubes that have the CR24 socket on them, but have not found a TV old enough to have one. The search continues.....

Chuck