Re: Cinelabs CCPU on an FPGA Demo at CAX2012 This Weekend

From: Cinelabs Info <cinelabs.info_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2012 - 08:28:23 EDT

Tom,

Yes, that's the plan. This board is a prototype and prototypes are
generally not meant for production, which is the basis for the comment you
read. They are intended to prove the design works, and/or make it easy to
identify and correct problems with the design. This prototype has obviously
proved the design works having run through now two full weekends at CAX on
different games, provided a lot of other useful information and was the
basis for the next rev board, which is intended for production. As for the
next obvious question, timing, you have to remember this is an "as time
allows" project, and will be completed as time allows. Generally I put free
time into projects, so you don't see a lot of updates, but people are free
to inquire, and they do.

HTH

Thanks,
-Mark