Simulating "shorted" Kathodes

From: Zitt Zitterkopf <zittware_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2012 - 03:12:26 EDT

The G08 has neon bulbs which as I understand it are intended to show if one of the cathodes is bad inside your tube.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to test this circuit without blowing the circuitry.
I’m probably going to redesign the neckboard on my G08 as I need to do a tube swap due to broken heater pins and would like to test that this new board lites the neon bulbs.
The new tube won’t be a G08 tube; but a tempest tube w/ a CR-23 socket.

John