Testing V2000 T900

From: Ian Eure <ieure_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2012 - 01:58:40 EDT

Have a 19V2000 with neck glow, deflection chatter, and no HV. Swapped another HV cage and it comes up. Original cage was missing Q900 entirely and had no insulators on Q903. Same issue when I powered it up.

I don't have a HV probe, but I tested the cage's outputs on P900. I think I did this right, but I'm not sure; I had my meter on DC, ground lead clipped to the frame, and positive lead on the header pin. Pins 4 & 5 were around 18VDC, and pins 1 & 3 were around 3VDC, which is way way out of spec, assuming I measured it correctly.

Also, and this may be unrelated, I notice that the heater element in the tube comes on REALLY BRIGHT at first, then dims down. I've never seen this with any other monitor I've worked on.

Any ideas?