RE: Anyone have a dump of the Atari Quantum 82s153 / CF2038N address decoder logic at location 1B ?

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2012 - 13:45:26 EST

If anyone's in need for this kind of thing, I had about the same approach
down to a "process" which I used to re-synthesize all the 16L/V8 PALs on
Capcom CPS-1 ROM boards with Tim@arcadecollecting years ago. I could
probably dig up the details and old files. Basically the CPS-1 PALs were
secured, but just combinatorial decoders, so I made a little adapter and
read them out as 2716 EPROMs (with the PAL outputs as 'data' and the PAL
inputs as 'address'). Then I had a command line app that would read the
binary and spit out an ABEL formatted text listing of the data which would
be pasted in to the free (at the time, Lattice) ABEL compiler as a
TRUTH_TABLE. ispLever would chew on it for a while and reduce it to
equations and/or just program a replacement part.

Anyway, the process would be the same for any other PROM type lookup-- just
wire the inputs to address lines, the outputs to data lines and let the
software do the heavy Karnaugh map work. ;-)

-Clay