Need help with my G08 in my Sega Star Trek SOS

From: Grant Thienemann <grant.thienemann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2012 - 19:10:35 EST

Hey Guys,

My G08 started doing something really weird today and I don't have a
clue what is causing it! Here is a video of whats it doing:

http://youtu.be/3eRv3aQNZ84

I can hear the vector monitor "chattering" when it does that, I did
change the transformer so that the monitor is only getting 45V but the
monitor was doing this BEFORE I did that upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Could this be a power supply
issue? I'm made sure all the connections are tight. Do I need to do a
cap kit on the chassis?

Thank you for looking!
-Grant