Re: Need help with my G08 in my Sega Star Trek SOS

From: <akswanson_at_ntelos.net>
Date: Sat Dec 15 2012 - 07:18:19 EST

        Can be fixed with a tacheon pulse.  A little history on this
one.  I had it for a while, and it had a bad HOT and HV generator
IC.  Anyway, the symptoms were way different so I dont think its the
same thing.  There is an adjustment pot to set the
"protect" threshold.   It looks like it was just happening
on the text in the video?  It looks like a bad connection in the
monitor somewhere?  Grant, does this happen on all the graphics, or
just the text?

        Andrew

> It looks like the HV protection is trying to kick in.

> You could check for a solid 100V on the HV regulator board.

> Other than that, you could tweak one or more of those pots on the HV
cage.

> Kerry

> ---- Grant Thienemann <grant.thienemann@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hey Guys,

>> My G08 started doing something really weird today and I
don&#39;t have a

>> clue what is causing it! Here is a video of whats it doing:

>> http://youtu.be/3eRv3aQNZ84

>> I can hear the vector monitor "chattering" when it
does that, I did

>> change the transformer so that the monitor is only getting 45V
but the

>> monitor was doing this BEFORE I did that upgrade.

>> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Could this be a power
supply

>> issue? I&#39;m made sure all the connections are tight. Do I
need to do a