Re: K6100 2n3792 replaced with 2n5876

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 13:54:46 EST

Check if using them on the horizontal axis as you may well go outside
the 2N3055s comfort zone...if the monitor ever hard drives a horizontal
signal then you risk shorting them out...

Check the breakdown voltage of any transistor you plan on using - in
these applications it can be significant. And remember too that just
because a transistor will run at 100V doesn't mean it will handle its
normal amount of current, that's why when you check replacements you
also have to look at the charts if the breakdown voltage rating is lower
than the original.

In fact there was call for the 2N3792X as I recall for these monitors -
the X meaning the transistor was checked at the monitor factory to meet
required specs.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com