Atari vector wiring harness question

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2013 - 10:51:50 EST

In my search for an original unhacked Quantum harness, I have come across some questions.

I think (not confirmed, if someone could check their game, it would be appreciated), but if a harness was pulled out of a Quantum, there would be two totally separate unconnected pieces.  One main piece that connects to the PCB, and another smaller (actually "less involved" would be a better word choice) piece that connects to the transformer brick and flow up the left inside of the cabinet and supplies power to the marquee and possibly the monitor too, and maybe the back door push switch (don't recall if Quantum used that).  If I remember it correctly, just before the connection for the monitor is a connection for power from the left side harness.  This would be the one point of connection between the two harnesses, easily separated by just unplugging them.

If that is true and there are two totally separate and distinct pieces, is the less involved piece, i.e., the piece that goes along the left inside with power to the marquee light generic among the Atari vectors?

So, on an original unhacked harness, would there be two separate wiring pieces?
(assuming yes...)
What is the tag number of the less involved piece?
Is that piece generic and interchangeable with other Atari vectors? (I guess this could be answered by matching tag numbers to other Atari vectors).

I'm at work right now so I don't have access to check my emails, but I recall someone replied with the harness tag numbers.  Where was that info located?  I could look up some of the other Atari vectors myself so see if they are listed.

I'm making progress, but haven't located one yet.  If anyone could help with the questions here, it would be very much appreciated.  Thanks,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net